Saturday, September 22, 2018

Kerwin apologizes to President Duterte, asking for another chance


Rolan “Kerwin” Espinosa, the alleged drug lord of Eastern Visayas, said sorry with all humility and asked for another chance to President Rodrigo Duterte during a press conference at the Philippine National Police (PNP) headquarters in Camp Crame, Quezon City early morning of October 18.

PNP chief Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa presented handcuffed Kerwin wearing a bulletproof vest to the media immediately after the latter arrived from Abu Dhabi.

Kerwin was arrested in Abu Dhabi through the joint raiding operations of Abu Dhabi police and PNP Anti-Illegal Drugs Group (AIDG) led in coordination with Interpol.

When asked on his message to the President, Kerwin apologized to the President with remorse as he said:

“Kay Presidente, humihingi ako ng tawad sa nagawa ko dati at sana bigyan niya pa ako ng isang pagkakataon upang magbagong buhay.”


The high profile drug personality assured the President he would cooperate in identifying other personalities behind the drug trade operating in the country, though he fears for his life and his family’s.  Kerwin said he might be the next target after his father’s murder.

Kerwin’s father, Albuera Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr., was killed in an alleged shootout with the raiding team of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group in Northern Leyte (CIDG8) while inside his prison cell in Baybay City sub-provincial jail last Nov. 5.

Meanwhile, dela Rosa is taking full custody on Kerwin’s safety to prevent what had happened to his father when he was murdered inside the jail.

Kerwin and his father were named by President Duterte as key players in the multi-billion proliferation of illegal drugs in Eastern Visayas.

President Duterte ordered a “shoot on sight” against the father and son that prompted Espinosa Sr. to surrender to PNP.

The son, however, escaped and flew to Malaysia on June 21, 2016.

Kerwin later moved to Kuala Lumpur, to Phuket, to Bangkok, to Hong Kong and lastly to Abu Dhabi where he was nabbed by authorities after overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) reported his presence to dela Rosa.

Kerwin was repatriated to the Philippines on November 18 by a team of PNP personnel led by Senior Supt. Albert Ferro and Philippine Ambassador to the UAE Constancio Vingno, Jr.

You may also like