Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Duterte to force harsh military response to Maute group if they would’nt retreat

Image posts by Rody Duterte via Facebook Account
  • President Duterte warned the Maute group if they were not to give up peacefully
  • The Maute group has been linked by the president to the group ISIS militants and been blamed for the bombing in Davao City
  • President Duterte went to Lanao Del Sur and talk with the ground commanders and soldier

Harsher military response has been warned by President Duterte to the Maute group if they were not to give up peacefully.

This was announced by the president when he visited the troops last November 30 in Lanao del Sur that were engaged in a battle that led to dozens of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS)-linked gunmen dead.

President Duterte cleared that he was not aiming a war against the Moro people even as the military is striking on the Maute group which has lead obstruction to parts of Butig in Lanao del Sur.

The Maute group has been linked by the president to the group ISIS militants and been blamed for the September bombing in Davao City which lead to 15 dead people.

They were also the mastermind behind the bomb attempt near the US Embassy in Manila.

Duterte said to his speech that he can be harsh and is not afraid if the Maute group continues to resist the government.

He also addressed the Moro people that he loves them and as much as possible would like to end the problems peacefully.

According to a report from Inquirer, President Duterte went to Lanao Del Sur to visit and talk with the ground commanders and soldier as the battle continue between the military and the Maute group.

According to Maj. Felimon Tan of the Western Mindanao Command in Zamboanga City, the military had already cleared out 85-90% of Butig that were taken by the local terror group.

Recovered areas were not specified by Tan but added that 61 Maute group members had died since Thursday last week.

He also said that 12 other members of the group were wounded whereas 35 soldiers were injured in the military as of Wednesday.

The president then flew to Cagayan de Oro to visit the wounded soldiers and members of the Presidential Security Group who were injured in a reported ambush in Marawi.

President Duterte pinned medals to those who were wounded in the Butig clashes.

He asserted that he’s not into threatening the local terror group but will be forced if needed.

 

You may also like

0 comments

By 
Close